User guide to the NTU Library Book Recommendation System
Welcome to the NTU Library Book Recommendation System. Please read the following information before logging in. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation!
General guide for recommendation
- The goal of the NTU library collection development is to support the teaching and research requirements of the university teachers and students. Faculty, students and alumni are welcome to use their accounts and passwords to log in and recommend books. Each reader is allowed to recommend 10 items per month.
- Please check the Library Catalog before you recommend any books.
- To speed up the operation process, please try to fill in the information in all sections fully and accurately. In addition, you can choose a recommended campus for where the book will be housed.
Priority reservation service
- Faculty and students can choose whether they need priority reservations while making recommendations. Librarians will make the reservations for the readers according to the reservation regulations if the books are purchased by library funds. Alumni who have a library card can make online reservations after receiving an e-mail of a confirmed book order.
- E-Books, audiovisual materials and items that are restricted for use in the library are not available for reservation.
- Books referred to departments for assessment will not be included in the priority reservation service due to the different acquisition processes.
- The library will use e-mails to inform recommenders of the final result of each recommendation. Readers may also click on the recommendation results to check on the status of their recommendations.
- Books/ audio-visual materials: Such recommendations will be evaluated according to the library collection development principles. Books on general subjects are handled by the library and those on specific ones will be referred to the related departments for evaluation and purchase.
- When purchasing books in western languages, E-book versions will be prioritized.
- If you have any related questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org